Washington Short video app TickTock and its US staff are planning to take the Trump administration to court over President Donald Trump's ban order. A lawyer preparing for one such case gave this information. Employees 'internal policy counsel Mike Godwin said that the challenge to the government order of employees' trump would be different from a lawsuit pending a company that owns the app.
However, both would argue that the order is unconstitutional. Trump had last week issued a sweeping order, calling for vague restrictions on deals with Chinese owners of TicketLock and messaging app WeChat, saying they were a threat to America's national security, foreign policy and economy. The TickTalk order will go into effect from September 15, but it is not yet clear what it will mean for the app's 100 million American users, most of whom are teenagers or youth, and use it to put and watch videos.
Godwin said it is also unclear whether it would make it illegal for Ticketock to pay salaries to his nearly 1500 employees in the US, which has led some employees to come to him for help. The order would prohibit any transaction by a person with TicTalk and its Chinese parent company ByteDance. Godwin said that employees are realizing that their jobs are in danger and their salary is still in danger.
Tittock said in a statement last week that he was shocked by the recent government order which was issued without due process. She declined to comment on Thursday regarding whether she was continuing her own trial.
This post was published on August 14, 2020 2:25 pm
Photo: MEDIATEK online gaming new Delhi. The government has banned 118 apps keeping in mind the security of the country.…
Photo: TIMESOFINDIA gold import at 8 months high new Delhi. The economy is now looking forward to a gradual recovery.…