Categories: Business

PM to inaugurate 750 MW solar project in MP's Rewa on friday

Photo: GOOGLE

PM to inaugurate 750 MW solar project

new Delhi. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate Asia's largest solar plant in Rewa, Madhya Pradesh on Friday morning through video conferencing. The plant has a capacity of generating 750 MW. The plant is spread over 1590 acres in Gurh, 25 km from Rewa district headquarters. The power generation started here in January this year with a capacity of 750 MW, but it was not released due to lack of time from Prime Minister Modi. The project is a joint venture of Rewa Ultra Mega Solar Limited, MP Urja Vikas Nigam Limited and Solar Energy Corporation of India.

According to official sources, the project consists of three 250–250 MW solar generating units on 500 hectares of land located inside a solar park. This project will reduce carbon emissions equivalent to about 1.5 million tonnes of carbon dioxide annually.

The Rewa project is well known in India and abroad for its solid project structure and innovation. It has also received the World Bank Group President Award for this. It has also been included in the Prime Minister's book 'A Book of Innovation: New Beginnings'. The project is also the first renewable energy project to be supplied to an institutional customer outside the state. The project will provide 24 percent of the total production to the Delhi Metro, while the remaining 76 percent will be supplied to the state electricity distribution companies of Madhya Pradesh.

This post was published on July 9, 2020 11:53 pm

Content Team

Recent Posts

Rupee ends 6 paise lower at 74.90 per dollar

Photo: GOOGLE Rupee Vs Dollar new Delhi. The rupee closed on Friday against the US dollar amid weakness in the…

India can emerge as destination for countries searching for import alternative says gadkari

Photo: PTI (FILE) Nitin gadkari new Delhi. Union Minister Nitin Gadkari said on Friday that India could become a major…

Foreign exchange reserve touches new record high

Photo: PTI (FILE) Foreign exchange reserve touches new record high new Delhi. The country's foreign exchange reserves have once again…